How does laser therapy help?
C - Increases Circulation. H - Promotes Healing. I - Decreases Inflammation. P - Decreases Pain.
Why Choose Laser Therapy?
How Does Laser Therapy Work?
Treatments are performed by positioning the laser hand-piece approx. 1/2” directly above the skin and surrounding the area of injury and pain with the laser treatment beam. Biological effects are Anti-Inflammation, Anti-Pain (analgesic), Accelerated Tissue Repair and Cell Growth, Improved Vascular Activity.
Have You Had Laser Therapy Before and It Didn’t Seem to Make Much of a Difference?
It is likely that you’ve been treated with a Class 3 laser. Class 3 laser therapy units deliver 1–2 watts. At True Health Chiropractic, we use AWE Class IV Deep Penetrating Laser Therapy, which is a Class 4 laser therapy unit. It can deliver up to 60 watts. If you’ve had laser therapy before and it didn’t seem to make much of a difference, trying a deeper penetrating laser therapy may be a good next step.
Can You Feel Laser Therapy?
In sharp contrast to “Cold Lasers” (LLLT or LOW Level Light Therapy) which provides no feeling or sensation, patients FEEL each AWE Class IV Deep Penetrating Laser Therapy treatment, as it works to provide laser light energy deep into the body to reach damaged cells and tissues. Results are typically faster than many other therapeutic modalities and patients often report signs of improvement after the first or second treatment.
Reduce Inflammation and Swelling with Laser Therapy
Both acute and chronic injuries respond well to the AWE Class IV Deep Penetrating Laser Therapy treatment. Inflammation and swelling are quickly reduced to allow a greater range of motion in the affected area. This helps to regain activity and mobility while reducing scar tissue and adhesions which can slow recovery and healing. Sick and injured tissues are restored to optimal strength and vitality, providing greater functionality and preventing re-injury.
Conditions Treated with AWE Class IV Deep Penetrating Laser Therapy
- Neck Pain: Cervical Strain/Sprain, Headaches
- Shoulder Pain: Rotator Cuff Strain, Biceps Tendonitis
- Elbow Pain: Tennis/ Golfer’s Elbow, Overuse/ Repetitive Strain Injuries
- Wrist Pain: Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, De Quervain’s Tenosynovitis
- Mid Back Pain: Postural Strain/ Overuse
- Hip Pain: Osteoarthritis, ITB Syndrome, Bursitis
- Lower Back Pain: Mechancial LBP, Disc Bulge/ Herniation
- Knee Pain: Osteoarthritis, Jumper’s Knee, Ligament/ Meniscal Injuries
- Ankle Pain: Sprain/ Strain, Plantar Fascitis
- Additional Conditions Treated
- Nerve Pain
- Neuropathy (Diabetes & Other Forms)
- Non-healing Wounds
- Pain & Healing Following Surgery
- Trigger Points & Muscle Spasms
High Quality Diode Technology
True Health Chiropractic in North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina has a class IV higher power therapeutic laser providing 60 watts of power, the AWE Class IV Laser can deliver up to 1,500 times more energy than other therapy lasers. More power equates to deeper penetration, faster treatment times and delivery of the proper therapeutic dosage, an enhanced ability to treat difficult conditions, and ultimately better clinical outcomes.